Friday, February 7, 2020

Engineering Design challenge - iPad Stands


K-2 iPad stand project

I could use a little help from some young engineers.

Our new K-2 iPads do not fit on the classroom iPad stands.
These stands are useful when we need the iPads to stand up tall in Portrait mode.

Would you help me come up with ideas for a new iPad stand?

Create a design proposal.  You may either....

Create a design using the drawing tools on your iPad.


OR
Mark up a picture that you have taken


OR

Create a plan on paper and take a picture of it.


If you have time, please build a model and take a picture.
Add your voice to explain what you did.  You can use Keynote or Clips to do the work.  
Let me know what materials you decided to use and why you chose them.

I am excited to learn about your ideas.


You can check out 2 of my ideas.  Watch the video if you would like to see them.  However, I would really like to see what you come up with on your own first. 

My first idea takes 4 hours to make.  The second idea takes about 10 minutes to make.  Which one do you think would be a better choice?  Explain.